Personal and Social Development (PSD) is the subject at The Gregg School through which students acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives, now and in the future. During these lessons, students will develop the qualities and attributes they need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.'
Through their PSD lessons we will:
- support the development of physically, emotionally and socially healthy young people
- develop essential employability skills for the 21st Century
- reduce or remove barriers to learning, such as bullying, low self-esteem, unhealthy/risky behaviours
- promote British values, including democracy and prepare students to become an active member of society
- promote equality and diversity so that students respect others, as well as promoting tolerance and understanding of different religious and cultural beliefs