The Gregg Schools Trust is the parent company of The Gregg School and The Gregg Preparatory School and Preschool in Southampton, and, for the purposes of the Independent Schools Standards Regulations (ISSRs) is identified as the Proprietor.
The Trust currently owns and operates two schools. The Gregg Preparatory School and Preschool in Winn Road, Southampton, which is a co-educational day school and pre-school for 4 to 11 year olds and The Gregg School at Townhill Park House, Townhill Park, Southampton, which is a co-educational day school for 11 to 16 year olds. This school is situated in buildings and grounds owned by the Trust.
The role of the Trust is to:
- Ensure that both schools meet the regulatory requirements of the ISSRs
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for both schools and the Governing Body
- Offer challenge, support, and advice to the Headteachers of both schools and their leadership teams and to hold them accountable for standards in their schools
- Hold the leadership teams in each school accountable for ensuring that the vision and aims as published in each school’s documentation are met
- Ensure that robust procedures are in place for professional appraisal of the Headteacher of each school
- Ensure that it is satisfied that there are safeguards in place to ensure that decisions, both financial and strategic, are in the best interests of the Schools.
The structure of the Governing Body is composed of three tiers. Each of the groups within the structure has delegated responsibility for being expert in, and advising, all Trustees and Governors on the requirements of, and each school’s compliance with, the relevant parts of the ISSRs.
Board of Governors
Mrs J Preston - Chair
Mr J Watts - Deputy Chair
Mr V Davies
Mr I Galvin
Mrs A Hendon-John
Mr L Jones
Mrs L Nicholls
Mrs C Pulman
Mrs S Sellers
Mr P Bartlett
Mrs C Goodchild
Mr S Gillespie
Mrs J Hillyear
Mrs A Jolley
Mr M Pascoe
Mr N Price
Mrs S Scales
|Administrator to the Trust: Ms N Heinst|
The Chairman of the Governors may be contacted via email: [email protected] or by writing to the School.