Uniform for all
The uniform below is bespoke to The Gregg School and is identifiable with a tax tab. It will therefore need to be purchased from School Colours website, www.schoolcolours.co.uk and no other retailer.
- Skirt – mid-grey colour and appropriate length in relation to the student’s height
- Trousers – mid-grey colour
- Lower school blazer – with a twisted braid and badge
- Upper school blazer – dark navy colour with school badge and choice of a fitted style or a unisex design
- Jumpers - choice of a long-sleeved jumper or sleeveless jumper bearing a thin blue band around the neck
- School tie
- Shorts – mid-grey colour and for the summer term only
The following items of uniform can be purchased from all other retailers
- White shirts may be purchased from School Colours or any retailer. Long or short sleeved shirt to be worn with tie and should be worn tucked in
- Tights/Socks – black or navy thick tights (no other colour) when wearing a skirt and when wearing trousers grey, navy or black socks. When wearing shorts grey, navy, black or white ankle socks (no trainer socks)
- Shoes – black leather patent or suede low heel no higher than 5 cm and a style suitable for school (no fashion/trainer style)
- School bags – suitable dark colour and size of bag that would fit in a locker
- Waterproof/winter coat (optional) – grey, navy and black with no logos
- Scarf (optional) – plain grey, navy or black with no patterns
Make up and jewellery – no noticeable makeup permitted, nail varnish, false nail and eyelashes are not permitted. Only one small, suitable and appropriate earring in each ear lobe. No other form of body piercing is permitted.
Hair – Hair longer than shoulder length should be tied back at all times. Only dark coloured hair slides, bands or ribbons are permitted. Hair must not be non-natural
colours. Hair must be presented in a tidy fashion. Extreme lengths and styles (less than a grade 3) are not permitted and students must be clean shaven.
All students should have a minimum of the following equipment, in a pencil case, with them each day (this includes on PE days). All students are expected to arrive to each lesson with the correct equipment.
- Two blue or black pens
- Two pencils and sharpener
- A purple pen
- A rubber
- A ruler
- A scientific calculator
- A protractor
- A set of compasses
PE and Games kit is purchased online at Playerlayer.com (Please note John Lewis no longer supplies our PE and Games kit). Once you are on the Gregg School page, you will find a comprehensive list of both compulsory and optional items required. All items are grouped into Key Stages for your convenience (KS3: Yr 7-9, KS4: Yr 10-11).
In addition, students will need the following which may be purchased from any retailer:
- Football boots
- Training shoes
- Shin pads (essential for football and hockey)
- Gum shield (essential for hockey and rugby)
- Navy or black drawstring sports bag (to fit in locker)
House polo shirts in 3 colours are available at £12.50 each. They may be purchased in the House colours: RED - Roman, BLUE - Trojan and YELLOW - Spartan. They will have the school crest and printed surname embroidered on the front as well as the House name on the back.
Bags must be strong enough to protect text/exercise books. PE kit should be brought in a separate bag. Lockers are provided for all students, but these cannot accommodate large sports holdalls.
Calculator: a "scientific" model. The Casio FX-991EX Classwiz is available from the school, price £23.25.
Oxford Dictionary, available from the school, price £7.99.
Geometry set, preferably Helix Achiever